Monday, October 08, 2007

Snake In The Grass.

In a follow up to an earlier post in SiFM, a letter to the Editor published by the Fiji Times revisits the issue of race raised repeatedly by the SDL personality, Mere Samisoni and the response to her flawed perspectives. This is an excerpt:

Name Calling

Many people have called me names and thrown dirt at me in generalizations, without telling me what wrong I exactly said in the Close Up program of August 19, 2007.

During numerous articles I wrote about church hypocrisy, racist political stance, hoodwinking trade unionists, worthless politicians and exposing other wolf in sheep's clothing, it was obvious there were people out there to crucify me.

I did not respond to any of them because it was not worth it as none were specific in what wrong I said. It appears the only argument they have is that I have moved to New Zealand.

However, I could not let Mere Samisoni's pot calling kettle black go unchallenged. She calls me a racist, an extremist thinker and branded my comments as venomous and dishonest. She appears to think that such qualities are sole privileges of SDL party alone and their boorish and racist behaviour towards Indo-Fijians should be borne silently by us.

Is it all right for SDL racists to call Indo-Fijians names like wild grass and camel in a tent but when they get their own back, it pains? SDL members of Parliament had called Indo-Fijians names in Parliament and their policies have virtually marginalized us, yet so called academics like her and her exiled political boss remained criminally quite.

Truth hurts and absolute truth hurts absolutely. She talks about good leadership for different groups to come together and qualities such as good faith, self discipline and trust. This coming from somebody who allegedly fed the extremists at Parliament during 2000 is the height of hypocrisy.

She questions what criteria and policy does TV One have to protect the public from my type of extremism. I ask, what criteria does democracy have to protect the country from the brand of extremism, racism, corruption and mismanagement displayed by her SDL Party.

That is why I suppose somebody called Bainimarama's action as God sent. To get a response from her, I must have hit some raw nerves. If she wishes to be treated seriously, she indeed needs to rise above those hot breads and walk her talk about good virtues in life.

Thakur Ranjit Singh
Auckland
New Zealand





AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Seed Newsvine

Digg!




Add to Technorati Favorites


Club Em Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment